Around the world, there are many organizations in both the public and private sectors, who recognise that their portfolio, programme and project management is best supported through a delivery support office. AXELOS® PRINCE2®, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®), and Management of Risk (M_o_R®) all touch on the need to provide adequate support structures for these best practices, but until now there has been no single source of information that either organizations or individuals can use for guidance or advice on setting up or running an effective delivery support office.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) Foundations is a Best Management Practice certification and is aligned to PRINCE2®, MSP®, and M_o_R®. P3O® brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures.
Course and Learning Objectives:
- Ensure consistent delivery of projects and programmes and meet business objectives through effect use of resources.
- Develop capability, capacity and risk models to suit the organizational maturity culture.
- Help identify potential opportunities to be realized, exploited or enhanced as part of risk analysis.
- Ensure that the strategies and performance requirements of your organization are realized via projects, programmes and operational business units.
- Improve organizational accountability, decision making, transparency and visibility.
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of P3O® including:
- An Introduction to P3O® - Discussing why, when and how to use P3O® models including the difference between portfolio, programmes and project environments and their different requirements
- Value - What value P3O® can bring to the organization including a business case, funding models and performance measures
- Model - An overview of the different P3O® models with examples
- Functions and Techniques - Details on the functions/services and techniques/tools used by units of a P3O® model.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a P3O® Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Additional reference materials are not required for this course.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of PRINCE2® and/or MSP® are helpful.
Any member of an Portfolio, Programme and Project management Team, Support teams and offices and members of a Portfolio center of excellence.
The price of this training includes an exam.