The ITIL® 2011 Foundation course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL®. This course covers the latest version of core ITIL® best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. The course introduces the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL®. ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency.
This course is delivered using an exciting case study designed to further enhance and cement the candidates understanding of ITIL®. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ITIL® Foundation certification test which is a requirement for attending any of the further learning courses (ITIL® intermediate level training) available in this track.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components, related to this certification, candidates can expect to:
- Comprehend the principles and concepts of IT Service Management as a practice.
- Comprehend the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and its purpose.
- Be aware of the generic concepts and definitions used in ITIL®
- Comprehend the key principles and models
- Be aware of the processes and their role within the lifecycle concept
- Be aware of the main functions within an IT organization
- Be aware of the roles as defined within ITIL®
- Be aware of the importance of technology and architecture to IT Service Management
- Be aware of the need for training and the development of competences.
- Understand the best practices of implementing ITIL® within an organization.
- Be prepared to take the ITIL® Foundation Certification exam
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the service lifecycle approach to IT Service Management according to ITIL®. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Foundation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwood’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a ITIL® Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Additional reference materials are not required for this course.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, Any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
The price of this training includes an exam.