Recent developments in IT methodologies have given rise to a spate of new concepts like Agile, Scrum, DevOps and Lean. The term Agile is used to denote a new way of developing software (Agile Software Development), running projects (Agile Project Management) and running an IT organization (Scaled Agile Framework).
These methods were developed as response to problems experienced within IT and, particularly, in the delivery of added-value to the customers of IT. This course will help you to put the various models into perspective and enables you to:
- Deliver value more quickly to customers
- Realize a higher success rate of changes and projects
- Establish better cooperation between business and IT
- Improve efficiency between ‘development’ and ‘operations’
More specifically, this course will help you to decide which methods will work for you and which will not.
The question is: beyond the technicalities of implementing one or more of these methods, what do they mean to you as an executive, manager or senior professional within IT? We take a managerial view of the issues and help you to make the best choices in your situation.
The Quint Academy offers a practical curriculum aimed at giving IT executives, managers ans senior professionals the tools to help their organizations solve one of the most persistent problems confronting IT: delivering innovation effectively and efficiently.
Course and Learning Objectives:
The DevOps and Agile course addresses the key challenge of getting from an idea in the business to working software implemented in production and useable by the customer. DevOps and Agile participants will gain hands-on, in-depth knowledge of these topics.
The key objective of this course is to give you a deep understanding of both the methods and their practical applications. We will debunk the myths, misconceptions and promises so that you can make informed and realistic decisions in your own IT organization.
Based on a profound comprehension of DevOps and Agile, candidates are enabled to immediately apply their newly obtained insights and skills to benefit their own environment.
Understand the various methods for:
- Analyze the current state of your own IT organization
- Determine the suitability of these methods for your own organization
- Determine the gap to where your organization needs to be
- Understand what to do if your organization is not yet ready
- Understand the effect of the improvements you aim to make in your IT organization
- Build a plan for improving your own IT organization and IT services
Over the course of five days, the participants focus on the concepts as described. During the exercises we investigate the individual situations of the participants and apply the concepts to your organization.
During the course, the participants will be trained in a professional setting:
- Small, exclusive group of participants to ensure an optimal learning effect
- Field-experienced trainers (English and Dutch)
- Personal feedback
- Inspiring and comfortable location
Course Student Material:
Participants will receive the DevOps and Agile classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, exercises and samples. Participants will receive several books as well as additional reading material.
For more information about in-company participation please contact Quint Academy. Additional costs as books and study materials are not included.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
IT Executives, Managers, Senior IT Professionals